- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄4cup olive oil, plus more for serving
- 2tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2tablespoons tahini (sesame seed paste; optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
(for different flavour
- In a food processor, puree the chickpeas and garlic with the olive oil, lemon juice, tahini (if using), cumin, and ¾ teaspoon salt until smooth and creamy. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons water as necessary to achieve the desired consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the paprika before serving.